Image via WikipediaThe best and favorite all time foods that I make in the kitchen within minutes are yummy, healthy, nutritious smoothies. All you need is fruits and vegetables and some other things to chuck in to add more vitamins and minerals. And, you also need a good blender. Juicing is also a great healthy alternative as well. One of the best juicers on the market is the one by Jack LaLanne. Kitchen-aide is one of the best blenders.
Smoothie making has become an art and adding the right kind of ingredients and combining them to create beautiful colors and develop a medicine chest in a glass with things you don't normally would eat on the plate or wouldn't think of it, but in the same need them to obtain optimum health. As I've said earlier Smoothie making has become an art. You can use any type of glass of any size, color, and design. The sky's the limit when choosing healthful ingredients to your smoothies. There are books even devoted to making smoothies. I should know I have a couple of them.
The following is a major favorite smoothie recipe for you to try. It's packed full of antioxidant your body needs each day to protect you from the harmful elements in everyday living. It contains spinach, a green food packed with antioxidants, flax seeds, filled with Omega 3-6 fatty acids, and your fruits, yogurt, cinnamon, that is known to control blood sugar, and yummy coconut water. Let's get started!
2 cups raw spinach, washed, stems removed, and coarsely chopped
1 ripe banana
1 small apple, cored and coarsely chopped
1/2 cup frozen blueberries, mixed berries or pitted cherries
1/3 cup vanilla yogurt for vegans soy yogurt
1 Tbsp. ground flax seeds
1 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1 1/2 cups coconut water
Combine all ingredients in a blender and mix until smooth. If desired, add a little more coconut water for a thinner consistency. Refrigerate any leftovers. Makes 3 cups.
Monday, May 30, 2011
Tuesday, March 29, 2011
My prayers are with the Japanese people who have lost loved ones and have their lives disrupted by the powerful 9.0 earthquake and giant tsunami of March 11, 2011 (3-11-11). Now they are under threat of a nuclear power plant leak. With all the price gauging on Ebay among others, I found an alternative for detox and radiation protection. Aren't there laws against price gauging? It's highway robbery! Jesus is watching you.... L)
Song "The Rain Falls and the Sky Shudders"
- New Doctor Who Mini-Prequel To The Impossible Astronaut, Now Online (bleedingcool.com)
- "Shortages of Potassium Iodide as Radiation Panic Drives Demand" and related posts (ereleases.com)
- Radiation Detectors and Potassium Iodide Selling On Ebay (lockergnome.com)
- Embassies ready iodide tablets (search.japantimes.co.jp)
- Panicked Reaction to Japanese Radiation Emergency May Trigger Additional Thyroid Problems in People Needlessly Taking Potassium Iodide (prweb.com)
- (3/2011) Radiation Exposure Protection (basilandspice.com)
- Radiation protection: How safe is potassium iodide? (slate.com)
- "Hangover Prevention Supplement Touted as Natural Alternative to Potassium Iodide for Nuclear Fallout" and related posts (americanconsumernews.com)
- Diabetes - Environmental Connection - Tragedy and Turmoil, 2 (diabetesdietdialogue.wordpress.com)
- Do You Need Potassium Iodide Pills? (nowpublic.com)
- Congressman wants feds to hand out iodide pills (cnn.com)
- Pentagon: Some Troops In Japan Given Potassium Iodide (shortformblog.tumblr.com)
- Prepare For Possible Nuclear Fallout (mountainrepublic.net)
- In Search of Iodide? (psychologytoday.com)